Bulk Update Rows

I have created a button to update Rows just a few days ago. So that I can auto fill all the empty rows in one click. But I have a problem with this. If I click on update icon button then the screen freezes. 

K If there is less data then the update button works here. But when large data is hot then this button works but it takes a lot of time. And the screen freezes. 

0 5 131
5 REPLIES 5

Can you please share the automation and actions you used?

Hi @1minManager @JuneCorpuz 

Less data is updated, but it takes a lot of time to update more data, due to which the screen freezes. 

set the valueset the valueupdate icon buttonupdate icon buttonbotbotbotbot

Some points

1. The columns updating is using 4 select formulas.  Which presumably means its having to search the entire NYKAA table 4 times.  This is probably not the most efficent way
  2. You seem to have the same filter applied at both the "execute an action on a set of rows" action and the Bot.  Again causing the app to do a calculation twice
  3. The bot is set to trigger on every data change

Personally I think no 1 above is where you should spend some time making it more efficent.

Hi @JuneCorpuz @1minManager 

Tell me such a way that such problems do not come and the data gets synced quickly. 

Sounds to me like your using an action to update the columns.  Action buttons do tend to lock up the screen somewhat.  Also the fact that a smaller data set works fine also makes me think you're just asking appsheet to do too much in one go.  Consider the following alternatives:

• Make the data set smaller
  • Use a bot
  • Use the API

The latter is awesome when it comes to making changes to huge data sets.  But even with 6 years of Appsheet under my belt, its not something I'm an expert on.

Top Labels in this Space