Bulk records PDF generate by same Docs Template per page.

Hi guys, i has config automation for create pdf invoice by the docs template and everything’s run smooth. But i’m not sure how to setup the bulk invoice generate, such as i created new table for bulk request it lookup and related to invoice table then trigger the pdf generate, i want it result like selected 3 invoice and 3 pages pdf file using the same template.

Solved Solved
1 10 304
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you can't control the record amount like sometimes it needs 2 records and sometimes like 6, you would need to wrap the whole template with the Start: & End. If it's difficult to control the page break, another option is to copy the same 1st template page like 10 times and then hide those pages from the bottom that you don't need with the IF: & EndIf. Though this needs more complex setup than using Start: & End.

View solution in original post

My template is a sample to show you a certain strategy. You have to adapt the START expression and any relevant elements to fit your records selection.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Would you please elaborate a little what is goal is. Now it's not 100% clear. Are you trying to send a scheduled Bot for multiple customers or a data change Bot?

Sorry, i might have trouble expressing clearly in english. The issue is, i want the pdf invoice are able to generate multiple records, such as more then one invoice within single pdf, at the moment i can only generate individual invoice pdf by Docs template. Thank you for your help.

Do you want to include like 4 records from your nvoices table into a 4 pages pdf that uses the same one page template, or do you want to attach 4 individual one page pdfs to an Bot/email?

Yes sir, 4 pages pdf and use same one template on each page, this is i am looking for. I did lookup documents but seems isn’t help and not want i want. It tell me use <<start>><<end>> to pull related records and it is very hard control the page break. May be i got the wrong directions. 

If you can't control the record amount like sometimes it needs 2 records and sometimes like 6, you would need to wrap the whole template with the Start: & End. If it's difficult to control the page break, another option is to copy the same 1st template page like 10 times and then hide those pages from the bottom that you don't need with the IF: & EndIf. Though this needs more complex setup than using Start: & End.

Thank you sir, i am trying alternative solutions without modify my current pdf template, setup automation bot and pass the related records id to Google App Script to process and combine the related pdfs file into single file, it give me the good result at the moment and i will test with diff numbers of records for the reliability before deploy.

Okay good!

Would this help?? The template shown later produces a 4 page PDF, each page containing data from one row of the table ENUM1.

TeeSee1_0-1698749565676.png

TeeSee1_1-1698749728509.png

I did try follow the steps, if my records within the right order, i can replicate the good result but my case is selected record or related records list, the _ROWNUM isn’t follow the order and give me the wrong pdf result. Thank you for your help.

My template is a sample to show you a certain strategy. You have to adapt the START expression and any relevant elements to fit your records selection.

Top Labels in this Space