Bulk select in a table and bulk update in another table, using input function

Hello everyone,

After having searched for some time,  I appeal to this community to help me with my issue. Because, at this point, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

First I will explain the structure since it is a bit specific. I have three tables as follows:

• A raw detailed order table, which is a simple constrained SELECT query from MySQL. It can be edited as the table is directly extracted as is from the database. The important point is that it is the only table that I can modify in AppSheet.
  • A computed detailed order table, which is a view from MySQL. It is the result of a query that I use to compute the raw detailed orders' progressions directly from the database. It cannot be edited as it is a computed table.
  • An order table, which is a view from MySQL. It is a conditional aggregation with some SUM and COUNT from the computed detailed order table. It is used to give a clear overview of the orders. It cannot be edited as well for the same reason.

The computed detailed order table has a column in which I concatenate multiple other columns in order to generate a key that is unique to the orders' specifications. But not unique in the table due to multiple orders having the same specifications. The order table is a GROUP BY from this previous key. Thus, it can be used as a primary key to fetch the rows from the computed detailed order table.

The computed detailed order table and the raw detailed order table, share the same unique keys for each detailed order. One table is basically an enhanced version of the other.

So far, everything is working properly, I manage to link all the tables together with references in order to make some actions from one table to another, etc. But I face an issue with one type of action: "Select multiple rows from the order table and update the corresponding rows in the raw detailed order table with one or multiple input functions."

For this, I have made a two-steps action:

1. Execute an action on a set of rows
  2. Set values of some columns in this row, with an INPUT() field.

fetch selected keys.pngupdate comment.png

Now, here it starts to confuse me. These are the two usage scenarios and their outcome :

• If one row is selected from the order table, it updates the related rows from the raw detailed order table as intended.
  • If more than one row is selected from the order table, it doesn't show the update at all, but it will update the rows in the raw detailed order table that are related to the last selected row in the order table.

Long story short, it seems like I fail to address the action on the selection of lists, it just selects one list from the whole selection.

I hope I have been clear in my explanations, and if you have some suggestions, you are more than welcome.

------------

Edit: If I replace the INPUT() with an initial value in the 'set value' action part, then it propagates this initial value to referenced rows of all selected rows. It looks like the INPUT() just doesn't work on multiple selected rows...

If someone has a workaround I take it.

0 3 301
3 REPLIES 3

The parameter "With These Inputs" in Add: Comment Bulk seems missing.

Try setting it and see if it works.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11621688

Hello @TeeSee1,

If I add a parameter, let's say 'NO', it skips the input pop-up and set 'NO' in all selected rows and their related rows. Like a 'set value' action.

And, if I add a list from a column it simply doesn't process the action. Like it seems to be the case in the link you provided.

I do not think there is a way to select multiple rows and use the user dialog based input.

Top Labels in this Space