Button for different view of a slice

Hello team!

We have the following views on our app:

Sherifabdulla_0-1664876892559.png

Preparing shows all orders we need to fulfill and preparing today shows the all the orders we need to fulfill TODAY. We would switch between looking at both views quite a bit, previously we were using the search & filter bar in "Preparing" to filter down the items we needed, but that was taking up too much time so we just built a new slice with the view

However, now it can be a little confusing (and takes up too much space) on the menu bar. My question is, there there a way to maintain having just one view (Preparing) and then having a button that either:

Automatically switches to the "Today" view OR automatically filters to reveal only the data we need to see?

Thank you in advance!

0 5 159
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Assuming your app has something like a Users table, add a Yes/No column (e.g., [Today Filter]) there and an action that toggles its value for the current user. Then, in the single view's slice incorporate a reference to that column's value--e.g.,

IF(Current User[Today Filter], [Date] = TODAY(), true)

Thanks, Dbaum! Mind helping me elaborate on this a little, please?

Not sure what it means to "and an action that toggles its value for the current user"

Thank you!

@Sherifabdulla wrote:

an action that toggles its value

See actions--specifically, "Data: set the value of some columns in this row" and, if you need users to select the action button from a view based on a table besides your Users table, then see also "Data: execute an action on a set of rows".

Thanks dbaum - no idea what a Users table is 😞

Any article/post you might be able to point me to that would help me understand it? Thank you in advance!

@dbaum wrote:

Assuming your app has something like a Users table

Current User (Slice) | How to conform your app a... - Google Cloud Community  

Top Labels in this Space