Button to add new row from Detail View in Dashboard

Hello, I have a dashboard with 3 views.  For one of my views "Application" I have it set for Detail view.  However, there is no option to Add a new row in this view.  If there is no related record, then the space in the dashboard is just blank. How do I give the user the ability to add a record to the table? Here are some screenshots:

This is fine when a record in Applications already existsThis is fine when a record in Applications already existsThis is not the behavior I expect.  Users need to be able to Add a record to ApplicationsThis is not the behavior I expect. Users need to be able to Add a record to Applications

0 2 261
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

First,  I am not clear what that Detail view is associated with.  But I am wondering if maybe the Detail Row should be automatically created  when whatever related row is inserted?  Translation...never allow there to be a missing Detail view row!!

If that isn't feasible...

You can create a custom action to launch a Form View that adds a row and have it display as an Overlay action (Display as Primary) on a Detail view.  But I am certain it will show when the Detail View is empty (I don't have a good test app for this)

So...Try this:   create a custom action similar to the below Image but obviously change the Table and column.  Try it in your app to see if it will display.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 9.10.30 AM.png

Thank you for the response. I realized that this was a 1:1 relationship, so there was no need to have a separate table. I added the columns to the other table and created a Split View. It’s working fine now. 

Top Labels in this Space