CAN'T VIEW FILES & IMAGES AFTER MOVING TABLE TO SUPABASE POSGRES SQL TABLE

Hi, please assist. I CAN'T VIEW FILES & IMAGES AFTER MOVING TABLE TO SUPABASE POSGRES SQL TABLE. My table was previously a google sheets table so data was stored in my google drive. Please advise on file path in table structure settings and file path in the Supabase Posgres table. The column that stores the URL is: "INVOICE SCAN" in table "CREDITOR TRANSACTIONS"  that gets stored by Appsheet int "CREDITOR TRANSACTIONS_Files_

Screenshot (29).png

I get the following error when attempting to open a file:

Screenshot (30).png" folder in Google drive

NOTES:

1. I have moved the table by copying the data in the Appsheet editor to my cloud Supabase Posgress db using the "copy data to new source" feature

2. example of the file URL in the google sheet: "CREDITOR TRANSACTIONS_Files_/c2c0b6fb10-07-2022 09-54-41.INVOICE SCAN.075702.pdf"
  3. Example in my Supabase table: CREDITOR TRANSACTIONS_Files_/a66aab8010-07-2022 16-01-58.INVOICE SCAN.140406.pdf

I have tried the following:

1. Updating default file path in My Table settings
  2. updating file path in the Column settings
  3. using the direct web URL to the folder in Google drive.

Tagging the veterans  for help. 😀

@MultiTech @SkrOYC  @dbaum @Marc_Dillon 

2 3 237
3 REPLIES 3

This can be a tricky thing to get right after a big change like this; good news is that the problem is likely just a small little thing that's off somewhere.

What I do in this case is the following:

1. Find a file in your google drive; make note of it's complete file-path and name
    1. This means starting from your root Google Drive folder, write out the file path that you see for all the folders that gets you to your main app folder
    2. Then write out the folder path inside this main folder, with the filename at the end.
  2. Now.... go to your database and find the corresponding record for the file.
    1. Look at the value inside the file column
    2. This should be a 1-for-1 match with what you've come up with for number 2.

If these things are not exactly the same, something is off somewhere:

• Check the formulas that create the file
  • Check the image/file folder path, it may be off

If these things ARE the same, then a setting somewhere is off:

• There's a problem with your default app folder
  • There's a problem with a special character, or spaces being truncated, or dates being transformed in some way.

It can be difficult to track these issues down; but most likely it's just one little thing that's off.  Stick to it and you'll find it. 💪

Thanks' a milliooon Matt @MultiTech , going to try these.. Do you have any recommenced best practices for file paths in your apps?

Also, do you have any idea if I can use the Buckets in Supabase to store the files? How would it work?Screenshot (31).png

@Muhammad_Salooj wrote:

any idea if I can use the Buckets in Supabase

I don't have any experience with that platform, I utilize Google Drive to store the images/files - as it's natively built into AppSheet and works really smooth (when things are aligned! lol).

@Muhammad_Salooj wrote:

Do you have any recommenced best practices for file paths in your apps?

The one thing that's important is to never include a forward slash in the text used for names - ie. say a date in the file name:  "Customer A - Order #1234 - 11/3/23"

• The system would split the numbers of the date into different sub folders

Aside from that... nothing really sticks out to mention.

I enjoy folderizing things so that files and images are nested inside folders nicely.  Like if I were storing images and files for an inspection service, I might do something like:

• Client/Customer
    • Images
    • Files
    • I would also use this folder as the location for the actual PDF produced at the end, and any other files we create that are associated with this inspection.

Top Labels in this Space