CHANGE format DATA (examples "1-1-2018" to "January")

Hello,
I’d like convert the value of column type Data [Periodo] from “1-1-2018” to “January” (only month)
I tried with TEXT([Periodo]),“mmmm”) but it doesn’t work.

I tried also creating a new virtual column called “Month” with the following app formula but it doesn’t work when i group data in tables view
SWITCH(MONTH([Periodo]),
1,“Gennaio”,
2,“Febbraio”,
3,“Marzo”,
4,“Aprile”,
5,“Maggio”,
6,“Giugno”,
7,“Luglio”,
8,“Agosto”,
9,“Settembre”,
10,“Ottobre”,
11,“Novembre”,
12,“Dicembre”,
“”)

How can i change the format data correctly?
TKS

0 10 108
10 REPLIES 10

It should.
Post here your config

In the first screen I have used the formula SWITCH(MONTH([Periodo]),
1,“Gennaio”, 2,“Febbraio”,3,“Marzo”, 4,“Aprile”, 5,“Maggio”, 6,“Giugno”, 7,“Luglio”, 8,“Agosto”, 9,“Settembre”,10,“Ottobre”, 11,“Novembre”, 12,“Dicembre”, “”) but It’ doesn’t work because the second image is the detail of “Gennaio” and as you can see the total of Gennaio should be 21.622,32€ divided for each person

On the contrary, If i use the formula MONTH([Periodo]) the function “group by” works correctly

The expression works.

The problem is that you are not receiving the result you want using it on Group By.

Stick to the SWITCH() expression. We need to find out why the next view is not respecting it’s group.
Can you show us the UX config for that view?
Also post here your table’s schema (All the columns on that table and it’s column type)

Yes, indeed the expression itself should work.

This is the UX config for this View. Column [Mese1] is the virtual column with the app formula, [Risorsa] is like “employer”

and this is the structure of DB

I dont understand what you mean what you want to do.

If you read my second post probably you will understand. The problem is that the next view not respect the group if I use the formula SWITCH(MONTH([Periodo]),
1,“Gennaio”, 2,“Febbraio”,3,“Marzo”, 4,“Aprile”, 5,“Maggio”, 6,“Giugno”, 7,“Luglio”, 8,“Agosto”, 9,“Settembre”,10,“Ottobre”, 11,“Novembre”, 12,“Dicembre”, “”)
on the contrary It respects the group if I use the formula MONTH([Periodo]) but i’d see the month in the extended version like “January”

It says that [Mese1] is type Number. Is that right? It should be the one with column type Text and the formula you posted above:

SWITCH(
  MONTH([Periodo]),
  1, "Gennaio",
  2, "Febbraio",
  3, "Marzo",
  4, "Aprile",
  5, "Maggio",
  6, "Giugno",
  7, "Luglio",
  8, "Agosto",
  9, "Settembre",
  10, "Ottobre",
  11, "Novembre",
  12, "Dicembre", 
  ""
)

Yes, I tried and If I turn number type in text type It lose the correct order of mounth but the group works correcly… maybe we are close to the solution…

It should be Text, Number doesn’t makes sence.
You could add numbers.
Instead of ‘January’ → ‘1. January’

Top Labels in this Space