COMPUTED_VALUE blocking formula

jgarr

I’ve found a few references to cells being automatically filled with COMPUTED_VALUE and causing problems is some apps but I haven’t found a definitive answer on how to turn off that behavior.

When I add a new item to my app I have some formula in the sheet that need to run and fill in the required cells but the COMPUTED_VALUE text is blocking the formula from running.

Is there a way to turn off that behavior? Once I delete the text in those cells the formula immediately run and fill in the required cells.

0 5 677
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

I am guessing that the columns directly in front of the column that displays the COMPUTED_VALUE has a SPLIT() function in the sheet. That is not read properly when the App regenerates the structure. I found that out the hard way. If you go into the Appsheet Formulas section, you will see that the COMPUTED_VALUE automatically is used. You can remove it and if you regenerate again, you will need to remove it each time. OR… have another sheet perform the SPLIT() and then have the column you were having issues with only pull the data from the second sheet. By removing the SPLIT() formula from the sheet that is being used by the app, will fix the issues.

I couldn’t find the Appsheet formula section you mention. I saw in the data columns there are formulas but I didn’t see COMPUTED_VALUE in any of the formulas.

I don’t have any SPLIT functions but I do have something similar that will fill out adjacent cells based on what’s in a specific column. If I add a value to the right cell in the sheet it works fine, but when I add an item through the app I get this in my sheet

If I delete the cells with COMPETED_VALUE in them then the formula works and puts in the correct data but the cells need to be blank.

You should fix your broken formulas. They’re likely playing into this:

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What are you referring to? Can you share a screenshot demonstrating what is blocking what?

jgarr

Those ref errors only happened when trying to add items from the app. If I filled out the first column in the spreadsheet and let the formula fill out the rest they didn’t happen.

I think for this and other reasons I tried working around (e.g. formulas refreshing when I open the sheet) I don’t think appsheet will work out for my use case. I’ll try to find a different solution.

Top Labels in this Space