CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE")="Form" not working in Desktop view, as "Edit" still in Details view, not a Form

For reasons lengthy, I have been using a "Show If" formula on a field [Status], that when completing as a new record (Edit a form) I want this field to be visible, but once a selection has been made and the record saved, I don't want the user to simply change it later in an Edit. ( I provide buttons to change Status, and clean up dependancies elsewhere yadah yadah)

So I used the CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE")="Form" with some other conditions, that make the [Status] field invisible when editing the Form (except new) BUT visible in Detail views and Lists views etc as its important to see the Status. This works in the App version hunky dory ok.

The problem is, that when you "Edit" a record in Desktop view (not the App), you no longer actually use the Form view - it seems to be an "editable version of the Details view".
So in my situation, the [Status] field remains editable in Desktop, but not the App. Seems to be that any reference to "Form" within the CONTEXT() basically isn't going to get used in the Desktop version.

Any Ideas for getting around this, or if anyone know if Appsheet are making the CONTEXT() handle Desktop conditions, I'd be greatly appreciative, a thank you very much.

0 2 63
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Or this....

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 00.14.37.png

Hello, 

Don't use show if but rather edit formula in the behavior of [status] like this if(isblank([status], true, false)

Top Labels in this Space