COUNT Backwards counter

Hi guys

I am able to count in grup under the same SAP NUMBER  in this expression COUNT(
SELECT(INSPECTION[SAP NUMBER],([SAP NUMBER]=[_THISROW].[SAP NUMBER]))
). Is it possible to count backwards i.e. 4,3,2,1.... without -ve and mininum is 1

0 7 152
7 REPLIES 7

Please try 

COUNT(
SELECT(INSPECTION[SAP NUMBER], AND([SAP NUMBER]=[_THISROW].[SAP NUMBER], [_ROWNUMBER]>=[_THISROW].[_ROWNUMBER])))

Please note:

1. Such multirow expressions, if used in a VC will typically add a significant drag on the app sync time , especially if there are large number of records in the table/slice and should be avoided.

2. If you are using the expression in a real column and if the user deletes one of the records, the revised sequence will apply for each column only on edit of each corresponding record.  For simultaneous update of multiple records in a group in real columns, please implement reference action or bot.

Thanks. Any example. I think that is the only options for me now

Could you elaborate what you mean by example?

What you mean by option?

To avoid virtual column.. how about with an "Execute an action on a set of rows"? Possible in your case?

Yes Aleksi, you are right. ๐Ÿ‘ I also proposed reference action in my point 2 above to avoid VC calculations.

Aaa.. sorry, just saw it.

Hi Guys

So sorry for the confussion. Let me elaborate how this process works. and frankly speaking I am not good in appsheet automation. Below is the form and table of the tool stocktake.  In the Tool Audit database V1 coumn A is the key and column D is the audited tool ID. The process of audit a tool is not only once. A tool can be audited 3 times in a month so what I want to achieve here is to get the max row of column G timestamp ref to column D Standard Tool ID

desmond_lee_0-1692078576753.pngdesmond_lee_1-1692078589472.png

So I create a group ID counter and use automation to send it over to another table (Latest ID Table). below. In Counter at column K if I use a google sheet formula that is less than a minute I create it and I create it by maxrow timestamp =1 and the counter order  goes backward 4,3,2.... Then create an Action do delete all the counter value =>2.

I create the add row as form submitted successfully in Latest ID Table. But I don't know how to create delete action. I create delete action but seems not it deleted and appear again. 

desmond_lee_2-1692078973803.png

Add row when form saved action

desmond_lee_3-1692079243839.png

Delete row on counter >=2 Action

desmond_lee_4-1692079284949.pngdesmond_lee_5-1692079330688.pngdesmond_lee_6-1692079349935.pngdesmond_lee_7-1692079369450.png

Top Labels in this Space