CSV Export without quotations

Hi! Looking to see if there is a setting I'm missing. I'm exporting a view as a CSV so the data can be uploaded to another system.

The issue is that Appsheet is putting quotation marks around all of the values:

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 8.58.21 AM.png

The receiving system can't deal with this, and needs to have the values in the format below (without quotes). 

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 9.01.45 AM.png

If I upload the CSV from Appsheet into Google Sheets then download it as CSV, Google Sheets creates the CSV without quotations marks just like this. So, I can have the data go to a GSheet then have the user download it or clean up the quotations or I can use Google Apps script to create the CSV, but I was looking to see if Appsheet can create the CSV export without the quotation marks?

0 2 423
2 REPLIES 2

@SmartsheetGuru wrote:

I was looking to see if Appsheet can create the CSV export without the quotation marks?

Yes.  While you cannot do this with the provided CSV export action,  I believe you can create an automation based on a template to produce a CSV file in a manner that it does not have the quotation marks.

I hope this helps!

Yep that makes sense, I'll likely go this route and create on Google drive and/or email the file to the user.

Top Labels in this Space