CSV Import / Foreign Key

Hi, folks.  I set up a CSV import action and am trying to figure out how to include the parent key ID in the foreign key columns for my upload. Put simply, when I drill down to a child inline list, I want to upload rows to that list that also tie back to the parent automatically.  I don't want to have users have to include/know the parent ID.

I set up a bot to populate the foreign key field with the [Table_ID].[ID] column, similar to how I have the initial value set up for all other tables, but that doesn't do the trick.  Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 4 174
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this self-evident need isn't automatic like many of us expected. Nonetheless, it's possible to accomplish. For an overview with links to details, see "Add parent id to child rows imported via csv" within the recent Solved: Re: Most efficient way to move rows from preview t... - Google Cloud Community  discussion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think that if you upload the CSV from an inline view it should populate the parent id where it goes, similar to a normal "add", but haven't tested myself (haven't had the need).
@Steve Do you have any experience on this?

I'm afraid I have no experience with CSV export.

Unfortunately, this self-evident need isn't automatic like many of us expected. Nonetheless, it's possible to accomplish. For an overview with links to details, see "Add parent id to child rows imported via csv" within the recent Solved: Re: Most efficient way to move rows from preview t... - Google Cloud Community  discussion.

This is brilliant.  Thank you so much!!!

Top Labels in this Space