CSV Importing duplicate keys

Hi Appsheet fam,

I have a table in my app where I am importing data from another system via CSV. Occasionally the file has several entries for the same key - this is OK as I only want one entry per key (any).

On Importing my CSV, I was expecting the first entry to Add a row and any subsequent entries to Update the row, thereby keeping the single key however, it seems that the system processes the file in totality without checking the key for each row, duplicating the keys.

I'm trying to avoid having my users need to manipulate data between the output and import so I was looking for a possible way for a bot to clear the duplicates. I've added a virtual column in the table to count the number of entries for that rows key so I can see the affected rows (>1) - but I'm stuck on how to get a bot to not remove all of the keys and instead leaving just one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Brett

0 2 93
2 REPLIES 2

@brettsnell wrote:

I've added a virtual column in the table to count the number of entries for that rows key so I can see the affected rows (>1) - but I'm stuck

Hey man,

I can see you're stuck badly ๐Ÿ˜†

It's:
[VIRTUAL COLUMN] - 1

Hey - thanks for the response.
I probably wasn't clear - the affected rows I can see because they have a value > 1.
What I can't figure out though is how to clear all except 1.

E.G a row has 4 x duplicates - how can I clear 3 of them and leave 1.
The bots I've tried clear all 4.

Top Labels in this Space