Calculate time worked on project

E_R1

Hello all;
Iโ€™m new here and maybe this is simple, but Iโ€™m having a hard time figuring this out.
Iโ€™m working on an app where I wanna be able to track time spent on certain tasks within a project.

I have a sheet for โ€˜time punchโ€™ where users punch that has the following columns:
Date, Time Start, Time Finish, Total Time Task, Project, Comment, By
Task, and project is referenced to the main โ€˜projectโ€™ sheet and is chosen by drop-down and total time is auto calculated from time start and time finish.

I did another sheet where I wanna be able to have a total of hours worked on each task within the project extracted from the time punch sheet. here are the columns in that sheet:
Date, Project, Sub Project, Customer, Task1, Task2, etc.
I need the column of each task to Sum all hours worked on โ€˜Projectโ€™ from the โ€˜time punchโ€™ sheet. In other words, search sheet โ€˜time punchโ€™ for โ€˜task1โ€™ together with โ€˜projectโ€™ and return the sum. I will have multiple rows for each task, as the tasks are usually not finished in 1 time punch.

Hope Iโ€™m clear.
Please advise.

0 5 742
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @E_R
Iโ€™m working on that too now. I have the data in Google sheet with the structure project > task > time worked and in a tab I make the sum of hours per project and other parameters that can be extracted from the table of hours using Googleโ€™s QUERY function in this way:

This is my table of hours worked on each task:

This is the summary table of each project generated by the QUERY function with that SELECT

I hope it helps you.

Sorry, I didnโ€™t get it as Iโ€™m not at all familiar with google queryโ€™s.
Iโ€™m looking for a formula that will work in appsheet.
Sum of (time punch[total time]) for all rows that contain [project name] & [task].

A virtual field in the parent table with a type expression might be used to get the sum of the child table values:
SUM(SELECT(timepunch[total time],AND([projectname]=[_THISROW].[projectname],[task]=[_THISROW].[task])))

Slightly changed as follows:
SUM(SELECT(timepunch[total time],AND([projectname]=[_THISROW].[projectname],[task]=task)))

It works. Thanks!

P.S. Is there an expression list?

Toward the bottom.

Top Labels in this Space