Calculated LongText field alternates between wrapping and not wrapping

I have a calculated LongText field (a lookup from a different table) that, when first selected, wraps fine.  However, if I change the source value, it switched to not wrapping (just a single line.)  If I change it again, it wraps.  (To be clear, it is random after the first time as to whether it wraps or not.)

Any idea what is going on here?

0 5 118
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Can you explain your setup a little bit more?
Are there an IF()/IFS()?
Is the LOOKUP() taking another LongText?

I think that is a know issue. As a workaround , please make that field as Enum with base type as long text.

Ah, that did work around the issue, but now I have the following warning (and there is a useless dropdown arrow in the Enum field):

Column Name 'Job Profile Description' in Schema 'Requests_Schema' of Column Type 'Enum' should have a list of allowed values or allow the user to add other values

Do you know if there is an open ticket for this, and if so could you provide it?  Did not find it with a portal search.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, I think that dropdown arrow is side effect of the workaround and unavoidable. I believe you can ignore the warning displayed anyway.

Regarding the reporting of issue, it has been escalated. Please do add to that thread to further know the latest status.

Re: Bugged display of longtext VC - Google Cloud Community

Just did, thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space