Calculating TIMEDATE 2 hours prior

Hey All,

New to app sheets and just learning about Format Rules, i am in need of assistance please. i will do my best to explain my issue.

I have a row in my table called [SLA] which is manually input by a user to display when a job is needed to be completed by, itโ€™s type is DateTime.

Is it possible to write a YES/NO Condition that will display a colour that only shows if:

1. The current TIMENOW() is equal to or less then 2hours of the [SLA]
  2. the current TIMENOW() is greater then the [SLA]

I hope that makes sense if you need any more information or pictures please let me know.

Thankyou.

Solved Solved
0 5 230
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Survurtt,

So i tried it and it did not work so i messed around with different combinations and managed to find the one that works for me AND([SLA] <= (NOW() + โ€œ002:00:00โ€), [SLA] >NOW()).

I really appreciate your help it has made my application that one step better and further towards my goal.

Thanks Nick.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

1. The current TIMENOW() is equal to or less then 2hours of the [SLA]
    [SLA] >= (NOW() - โ€œ002:00:00โ€)`

2. the current TIMENOW() is greater then the [SLA] ( I believe you are looking for TIMENOW() is more than 2 hours since [SLA} was enterd.

[SLA] < (NOW() - โ€œ002:00:00โ€)

I believe you may use NOW() instead of TIMENOW(0 just in case your SLAs have rollover between different dates. For example between 11 PM on 12th October to 1 AM on 13th October.

However I believe these time related format rules will take place or refresh only when the user manually refreshes the app or app syncs due to some other add/delete/edit operation on the app.

Hey Survrutt,

Thanks for your swift reply, i was kinda on the right track but now its making more sense to me. So i have tried [SLA] < (NOW() - โ€œ002:00:00โ€ which works but i changed it to [SLA] < (NOW()) now it shows all the jobs that have now past their expiry date of attendance which is perfect colour=red.

As for the second part i can get the jobs showing yellow if they are within 2 hours of the [SLA] but its also showing other dates & times in the future that are not required. Is it possible to only show the dates & times that are within 2 hours of NOW() & [SLA]. I will upload photos of both examples so it makes a bit more sense Colour=Yellow.

Thanks Nick.

Hi @DelproServices

Please try

AND( [SLA] >= (NOW() - โ€œ002:00:00โ€), [SLA] <NOW())

Hey Survurtt,

So i tried it and it did not work so i messed around with different combinations and managed to find the one that works for me AND([SLA] <= (NOW() + โ€œ002:00:00โ€), [SLA] >NOW()).

I really appreciate your help it has made my application that one step better and further towards my goal.

Thanks Nick.

You are welcome and all the best with your app. Nice to know that you got it working per your requirement.

Top Labels in this Space