Calendar view by category

Hi.
I’m putting together a project management task app. with a ‘project’ table and ‘tasks’ table, which includes start and finish dates, owners, status etc. Each task is ‘a part of’ it’s associated project such that each project can have multiple tasks.

I’ve a calendar view that shows all the tasks, with ‘project’ as the category which defines separate colours for the tasks associated with each project. This calendar view happily shows all the tasks.

However, we often run multiple projects concurrently and I’d like to be able to view simply the calendar for the ‘project’ I’m working on. I’ve tried dashboard with a table for ‘all Projects’ and calendar view for ‘tasks’. By checking Interactive view I had hoped that the tasks in the calendar view would be filtered in the same way as an inline table view, but it doesn’t appear to, the calendar remains the same, showing all tasks for all projects.

Is there some way to select a ‘project’ and then see only it’s ‘tasks’ in a calendar view ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

0 6 996
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Hold on, might have worked it out. If the ‘tasks’ are referenced to a Slice of the ‘Projects’ table the interactive dashboard doesn’t work. Is this a bug or intended?

If the task is referenced to original Project table, does it work then?

Thanks Aleksi

Yes, but it seems that if it’s referenced to the Slice it doesn’t work even though the slice is the table shown in the View and Dashboard. Is there a reason for this?

Do you have all columns in that slice?

Yes, I did have. But I’ve not moved away from the slice as the main Project table and it’s working fine. Not sure I want to go backwards to investigate further if you know what I mean. Thanks for your help though. I’m now struggling with what seems to be a much more sticky problem and if I get nowhere I’ll start a thread shortly. T

Okay

Top Labels in this Space