Camera loop

I'm looking for a clear guide to make it possible to add multiple photos to each element in my inspection report. 

Each time I take a picture, the camera has to loop. 

I tried to find a good video but I can find anything. 

0 1 60
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

@Homie-gent wrote:

Each time I take a picture, the camera has to loop. 

I am not sure what you mean "camera has to loop".

My understanding is that you want to allow users to add several photos to an inspection report quickly.  You want to avoid having to come back to the Inspection report row, click add, take the photo, maybe insert a description, click Save, only to return to the Inspection view to start over.

If so, YES, there is a way to do this.  You will want to take advantage of Auto-Advance and Auto Save.  For this is work, there is an assumption here that you have your app setup in a Parent/Child relationship between an Inspection Report table and a Report Images table

The idea is this:

1)  Turn on Auto Advance in the app.  This will apply to the entire app.  What it does, id on Form Views the entry "cursor" will automatically advance  to the next required field, opening any entry sub-views automatically such as dropdowns OR in this case the camera view.

2)  Setup the Report Images view to have the Image column as the first column.  If you have description field as well include it as second field.  Then turn on Auto Save AND Auto Re-open.

The result is that when you add that first image from the Inspection Report, it will open your custom Form view and because of  Auto-Advance, the camera view will open automatically.  Capture the image and the Form will advance to the Description field.  Enter the description and since it is the LAST field to complete, the Form will automatically SAve and the automatically re-open, advancing the image column and opening the camera view automatically.  When a user is done adding images, they just cancel out for the camera view and then tap Cancel on the Form view to return to the Inspection Report.

From a user perspective, the process is this:  E.g. add 3 photos starting from Inspection Report:

click add - Capture Image - enter description - Capture image - enter description - Capture image - enter description - CANCEL camera - CANCEL Report Image Form view - back at Inspection Report

On the Inspection Report the user will see 3 Report Image rows.  Clicking Save will save all Inspection Report changes and then these 3 rows are physically saved to the child table.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space