Can I Create Links to Different Tables and Maps in My Primary View in AppSheet

I currently have an app set-up that is a basic 2-view app for individuals in my company to look up different job sites based on a list view and a map view.  What I would like to do is create a table that is the first view with a list of different cities our company has projects in.  Then when someone clicks on a city in that table, I would want it to be basically how the app is set-up right now with both a list view and a map view, but just for job sites in that city.  I wasn't sure if anyone had any ideas on how to do that.  My thought was maybe putting each city's job sites in its' own tab in the Google sheet and maybe a "menu" page in the Google sheet that linked to each tab, but that didn't seem to work.  

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

Well, the idea you mentioned above is not ideal and is not respecting the normalization rules. Note that AppSheet doesn't require a full normalized database but it plays better when it's normalized (generally speaking).

Now, you need another view serving as the pre-list/map view, where the cities are. This needs to be a new table.

Then you need an action of "Go to another view whitin this app" with a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() or LINKTOROW() (I think the last one will do the trick)

If this is too much, don't hesitate to post your config and other stuff for others to help

Top Labels in this Space