Can I change language using parameters in the url

Hi
I would like to change language in my app based on data in the url. Either add the language in the url or use the row I’d and pick up the language from one of the columns and use this to start the app in that language.
But I do not know how to get the data from the url or how to trigger that the app changes the language.

0 3 176
3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Onecorner

You can change language displayed using the User Settings and Localize option (UX Panel).

Hi Aurelien

Thanks for the info. I need to explain a bit more I think.
I have an App that have multiple languages already. This is set based on USERLOCALE when the app is loaded and can be changed by the user. Initiator can create a request that is sent to an email with a deep link to the entry. The receiver of the mail can then complete the flow. But I need to set the language of the receiver of the mail so it is the same as the Initiator.
Flow

1. Initiator start the flow
  2. Initiator can send email with deep link to a receiver
  3. Receiver can press the deep link and continue the flow.

Challenge
But if the initiator and the receiver have different languages some stuff do not work. So I would like to set the language on the receiver same as the initiator.

Options I have identified, are probably other solutions

1. In some way get the row id from the deep link url and fetch the language in that row and change language to the language set in that row.
  2. Send the language in the deep link and pick that up and change the language of the receiver.

Questions

1. How to fetch a param from the deep link url to be used in the USERSETTINGS?
  2. Do you you see any other way to set the language of the receiver to the same as the initiator?

Best regards
Niclas

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible.

Top Labels in this Space