Can I create a points ranking with my App?

neardj

Hi,
I need your help.

Do you think it is possible to create a points ranking through APPSheet?

I have two tables in my app.
My first table is called โ€œT_FORMAZIONI_DBโ€ and contains the columns:

• IDFORMAZIONEDB
  • ID_CICLISTA
  • CODICE_AGGREGATIVO

this table shows the cyclists that each coach has selected for a specific race.

The second table is called โ€œT_RISULTATIโ€ and contains these columns:

• IDPUNTI
  • ID_CICLISTA
  • IDCORSA
  • PUNTI
  • CODICE_AGGREGATIVO

How can I create a UX view that summarizes the points made by a team present in the results table only if ID_CICLISTA and CODICE_AGGREGATIVO of that row are present in the โ€œT_FORMAZIONI_DBโ€ table?
Itโ€™s possible?
Thank you
Luigi

0 8 284
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™d think you could add virtual columns to T_FORMAZIONI_DB that compute the summaries you want per team.

Can I use the LOOKUP function to recall the points made only with that โ€œCODICE AGGREATIVOโ€? But does LOOKUP function support the verification of two values? Why should I consider ID_CICLISTA and CODICE AGGREGATIVO.

Youโ€™d want to use SELECT() rather than LOOKUP().

Can I ask you an information? The SELECT command for AppSheet to which programming language?

I am trying to find information in my language.
I am a beginner and with the examples in English I find it difficult to apply them to my specific case.

Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t understand.

Please describe what you want in plain language (as if speaking to someone who doesnโ€™t use computers) and I will try to provide further advice.

Iโ€™m sorry itโ€™s me who doesnโ€™t speak English well.
I wanted to know which language to use to insert expressions on Appshet.
The โ€œSELECTโ€ command is used in various programming languages such as SQL, MySQL, etc. What programming language should I study to use the function on the AppSheet?

AppSheet expressions is its own language. It is most similar to Excel spreadsheet formulas, but is also very different. Iโ€™m afraid Iโ€™m not aware of resources for learning AppSheet in other languages.

After days of trying I almost succeeded in my intent to also have the ranking within the app.
Thanks to your tip on Excel sheet formulas I was able to do some things.
Maybe youโ€™ll take me for crazy but I did it like this:

• directly within the Google Sheet I created a column containing an array that generates a unique reference for me to control the formations sent;
  • I also created a โ€œTITOLAREโ€ column containing the formula = ISNUMBER (MATCH (F2; T_FORMAZIONI_DB! D $ 2: D; 0))
    if the result is true it means that the cyclist has been deployed;
  • I created a column โ€œPOINTS_CLASSIFICATIONโ€ with a simple formula like = IF (G2 = TRUE; D2; โ€œโ€) it extracts only the points of the cyclists actually lined up.
  • inside AppSheet in the table โ€œT_RESULTATI_CLASSIFICAโ€ I created a virtual column with this formula:

SUM (
SELECT (
T_RESULTS_CLASSIFICATION [POINTS_CLASSIFICATION],
AND (
ISNOTBLANK ([_ THISROW]. [CLASSIFICATION_POINTS]),
([CLASSIFICATION_POINTS] = [_THISROW]. [CLASSIFICATION_POINTS])
),
TRUE
)
)

I have created this UX view:

but to finish my work I would need to sort the UX View table list by putting the total score from largest to smallest (as I wrote in red in the screenshot).
I am unable to place the order on โ€œGroup byโ€
How can I do?
Thanks
Luigi

Top Labels in this Space