Can I delete old data using a bot?

This may sound like a dumb question to some but it has me puzzled. I have a table that contains daily data that becomes obsolete after a few weeks. I created an Action that finds and deletes all rows that are more than 6 weeks old. I would, however, like to not have to remember to go into the app and trigger the Action manually. Is there a way that I am missing where I could use a scheduled bot to trigger this Action automatically?

Solved Solved
0 2 468
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes and using a Scheduled Bot is the way to do it best.  However, you need some slight re-arrangement of the expressions.  You want to run the bot so that IT selects the rows it is supposed to operate on.  Then all you need to do is attach the system Delete action to perform the delete on each row.  See image.

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 6.52.37 PM.png

You don't need to create any action of your own...in this case!  Easier than you thought?

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thank you! I knew I was missing something and this was exactly what I needed to know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes and using a Scheduled Bot is the way to do it best.  However, you need some slight re-arrangement of the expressions.  You want to run the bot so that IT selects the rows it is supposed to operate on.  Then all you need to do is attach the system Delete action to perform the delete on each row.  See image.

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 6.52.37 PM.png

You don't need to create any action of your own...in this case!  Easier than you thought?

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I knew I was missing something and this was exactly what I needed to know.

Top Labels in this Space