Can I do an action that depends on a multiple response from a column?

I have a table that should work like a calculator. In a parent table I have the recipes and it is called RECIPE and its ID column is [PLATE NAME] which is also the label column. In another child table I have the ingredients of each recipe, its ID column is [Ingredients ID] and its label column is [PRODUCTS]. Well, in the CALCULATOR table I want to recalculate the amounts of the ingredients in a certain recipe according to the number of diners, for example if the recipe is 8 people and I want to calculate for 40 people. And I want to do it with actions, but the problem is that in the column [products] I only get to enter a row with a first ingredient or to enter a row in which all the ingredients are together, and I want it to calculate as many rows as ingredients are in the recipe, is that possible?

0 1 116
1 REPLY 1

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @frankikoch71

Short answer, yes

Nonetheless I think this is too complex, but it all depends on what you plan to do with it.
If itโ€™s subject to change regularly, you may want to create a virtual column directly in the Ingredients table.

To make it short, you have:

• Recipe table, key_column [Plate Name] and a [PeopleAmountBased]
  • Ingredients table, key_column [Ingredient ID], and I assume also a [Quantity]

My suggestion:
You may want to add another column in the Recipe Table, which youโ€™ll name [PeopleAmountComingToDiner]

Then in the Ingredients, add a Virtual column [QuantityToUse] that will be:
([Quantity]/[PeopleAmountBased])*[PeopleAmountComingToDiner]

This way, at clicking on the recipe and select the amount of people coming to diner, the quantity of each ingredients will be found in the [QuantityToUse].

Let us know if that works for you

Top Labels in this Space