Can I make a Sequence automatically in appsheet?

For Example, I have a number Serial Number 20010011 Then i need 20 of those. Series Up to 20010011,20010012 and so on and so forth. Can i do this in appsheet? or even on google sheets?

If you have an idea please let me know. It would be much appreciated

0 5 72
5 REPLIES 5

will this work [_ThisRow-1].[Serial Number]+1

can i do let say i will input in a text box 12001 and another text box 20 then it will record in a spreadsheet 12001 to 12021 in a sequence fill

where do you want to fill the sequence. Is it the key column? Means do you want to create several rows in the spreadsheet like

if so what do you intend to do finally with it

Sequential numbers in AppSheet can be controversial and tricky - but it can be done. How reliably this can be achieved is an entirely other question - all depending on the fine details.

• Is it completely necessary that the numbers be sequential?
  • Do you make changed in the Google Sheets ever? (such as deleting rows)
  • How many users are there in your app? (Or at least in the version that will be handling the sequential orders
  • Do you need to do this for existing records only or new records only?
  • If you are happy for this not to be an automatic, instant process, how often would you need to do this?

Seperate to this, @Koichi_tsu has a thread that details a way to achieve what you are looking for. Keep in mind, there is no one-size fits all though.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Auto-sequential-numbers-using-Googlesheet-formul...

Top Labels in this Space