Can I modify the data from the notification immediately?

user28

Hello Friends!

If I click the notification, can I go to Form format right away?

I want to see the form of the notification data, not the empty form.

I continued to use the LINKTROW() expression, but I couldnโ€™t find the expression that brings up the form where the data was stored.

Plz, help me

Solved Solved
0 5 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you should be to include a LINK in the notification that will open in the Form an existing row. There is one caveat. If the NEW row is added by automation or another user, your version of the app must be SYNCed to see the new row. Many times when you receive a Notification, your version of the app has not had a chance to refresh.

You can force a sync with the view link. I would recommend reading this article for more details about creating a custom view link and forcing an app sync before the link attempts to navigate to the view.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you should be to include a LINK in the notification that will open in the Form an existing row. There is one caveat. If the NEW row is added by automation or another user, your version of the app must be SYNCed to see the new row. Many times when you receive a Notification, your version of the app has not had a chance to refresh.

You can force a sync with the view link. I would recommend reading this article for more details about creating a custom view link and forcing an app sync before the link attempts to navigate to the view.

Kang1

@WillowMobileSystems
Thank you for your response. It was very helpful.

But I accidentally missed an important pointโ€ฆ

When the push notification is pressed, you want to retrieve a form that can modify the data of the registered row.

Can I also refer to the above article for this method?

Yes, this is what I understood.

So to recap, A data row is added using a Form. This triggers a Bot to send a Push Notification to a user. User opens the notification and is presented with a Link. Tapping the link navigates them back to the Form with the added data row loaded and ready for editing. Again, the biggest issue is that the user likely has not refreshed their app and therefore does not have the recently added row in their data. A forced sync is needed to ensure the app is up to date.

The above article is a generic article for constructing such Links. The view itself could be any view within AppSheet. It may also be possible to simply use the LINKTOROW() function and concatenate it with the force sync details, I donโ€™t remember how much the function helps with building the link. But you can play with it.

Thanks a lot!!

I understood what u mean.

I think I just need to solve the sync problem.

Iโ€™ll look for more sync issues.

Thank you for your help!!

The shortcut of it is, to force a Sync, you just need to concatenate this, โ€œ&at=NOW()+1โ€ to the end of your resulting navigation link.

Top Labels in this Space