Can I publish my app as a public website?

I have a database of about 300 rows and about 20 columns. I’d like to publish this data in a nice way using the various views that Appsheet offers, publicly as a webpage. Is this something that I can easily do?

I’m looking through the forum and documentation, and all I see is that Appsheet is fine for publishing to app stores, but not a way to publish to a website with a custom domain.

Can I do this?

0 9 865
9 REPLIES 9

I guess it’s not possible.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has no support for hosting in a custom domain.

How about configuring URL redirection in the DNS settings of your custom domain and pointing it to the URL of your app?

Does anyone know of a solution for making a quick tabular webpage from a spreadsheet? I don’t need it to look super good, just want it to have some of the grouping/sorting/search features that AppSheet offers.

You can use AppSheet.

It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s that I don’t understand how, if it’s not supported. Does it require a particular license to get a certain kind of output and then DNS masking?

You don’t need a special license, you don’t need anything. If you are talking about the idea in principle, I’m trying to tell you it is possible and it works. If you are having problem implementing it, please give me details and I will do my best to help you out.

What you need to do is a simple 301/302 URL redirection for the URL of your view, and configure it on the DNS of your own domain. Just did it, click here www.eunionpack.com

To get the URL of your particular view, in the editor, go to UX, open the view, scroll down to behaviour, and there you have it.

Oh I see, you’re just sending visitors to your domain to the URL of AppSheet, but there seems to be no way to keep the custom domain in the URL bar. Perhaps with an iFrame? In any case, what I’m hearing is that the answer to my original question is no. I can have a public webpage of my Appsheet, but not on a custom domain.

Correct.

Top Labels in this Space