Can I show 'No Data Available' when there is no records to show?

Hi,

Can I show 'No Data Available' when there is no records to show? Like in the screenshot I have 2 records for this user, but when there is no data for that user, want to show 'No Data Available'

Please assit.

Regards

App_screenshot.JPG

0 8 610
8 REPLIES 8

You could create a "No Data Available" view, with the same icon and then change the show if statements for the existing view and the new one so that it considers whether there is data available. Another option is creating a "No Data Available" record in whatever table the view is pointing to and then use a slice to display that when no other records are found. You would need to do change the view to display the slice instead of the table directly.

I am using below, but its just showing blank screen and no text.

ISNOTBLANK(USERSETTINGS("Enter Email Address"))

akshadaks_0-1643689718452.png

You would still need a "No data available" record in a table to be displayed in the view. If you use a separate view then this record could be in its own table so that it does not appear in any other views. If you add it to the main table then you would need to filter it accordingly through slices.

@akshadaks wrote:

I am using below, but its just showing blank screen and no text.

ISNOTBLANK(USERSETTINGS("Enter Email Address"))

EDITED: If you are intending to hide the view then....

The expression needs to ALSO include a check if there are rows to display or not. Something similar to:

AND( ISNOTBLANK(USERSETTINGS("Enter Email Address")),
COUNT(<<your expression to retrieve rows, if any>>) > 0
)

Hi WillowMobileSys, Thanks for the reply.

I am actually trying to achieve below.

- When the user appropriate (user selected as private) rows are present, then it is visible to the user, else user would only see 'No data Available' text in the tab 'My Reports'

Here is the screenshot

akshadaks_0-1643750206245.png

Got it! 

To make it easy, I would establish a new STATIC view that has the same display name of "My Reports".   This view could be:

• a Gallery view with the "No Reports Available" data row with picture
  • OR, just a plain Detail view  with a Show type column that show the "No Reports Available" text

Then use the Show If property on the views to switch between them - show your normal view if there are user data rows;  show you "Message" view when there are NO user data rows.

Hi WillowMobileSys,

Thanks for taking time and posting the reply. 

This seems like a good solution. However, I can not use the same UX view name, its not allowing me to do so.

Could you please help with syntax here.

Regards

Akshay

You can not have two views with the same view name, however you can use the same Display Name which is what @WillowMobileSys was suggesting:

graham_howe_0-1643834852055.png

Top Labels in this Space