Can I use "suggested values" from the current column

and if not, is there a work-around?

0 17 1,331
17 REPLIES 17

Likeโ€ฆ include again what I just entered?

Maybe, but I think the system might not like it. What are you shooting for?

โ€œgive me the list of all the ones I have added before but let me add another oneโ€

If your column type is an enum or enumlist, thereโ€™s an option to remember previous options and allow new ones:
2X_5_54a8fec46a969a42cf2e05f2cb89d7429b498564.png

Can I do another field which takes the values from this column and filters them according to the values in this row. "Show me all the (unique) values in the โ€œModelโ€ column which match the โ€œMakeโ€ that I just entered (and let me add one if its not there).

I am trying to use this
SELECT(Bikes[Model], ([Make] = [_THISROW].[Make]), TRUE)
But it returns everything

Oh I think I see what youโ€™re wanting.

You want to be able to enter a list into a column (letโ€™s call it Column_1), then pull a unique list from that into another; right?

So: [Column_1] = {โ€œOrangeโ€, โ€œBlueโ€, โ€œGreenโ€, โ€œBlueโ€, โ€œYellowโ€}

and in [Column_2] you want: {โ€œOrangeโ€, โ€œBlueโ€, โ€œGreenโ€, โ€œYellowโ€}

right???

Unfortunately thatโ€™s not possible, there is no UniqueList() function (or something like that).

That should work, unless there are rows in the Bike table with blank Make column values, in which case those models would also be included.

Try this instead:

SORT(
  SELECT(
    Bikes[Model],
    AND(
      ISNOTBLANK([Make]),
      ([Make] = [_THISROW].[Make]),
      ISNOTBLANK([Model])
    ),
    TRUE
  )
)

That still returns all the values, although they are sorted with the ones I want at the top which is sort of useful.

What I want is if I have small/red, small/blue and large/green as existing records, when I have entered small in the new record the next field offers me blue and red.

Its all about entering bikes for repair where we get common combinations of make/model.

Please provide a screenshot of your spreadsheet that includes the make and model columns.

Hmmmmโ€ฆ this is interesting. Of these ones that you want, are they naturally in this order?

Or is it like: There are 3 that I want and the formula put those three at the top, even though thereโ€™s others mixed in between?

Perhaps you should try turning off the auto-complete other values:
2X_5_54a8fec46a969a42cf2e05f2cb89d7429b498564.png

If youโ€™ve got that formula in the suggested values, with this turned on I think it would behave like weโ€™re seeing.

So maybe turn off the auto-complete other values???

Here it isโ€ฆ

Hmmmโ€ฆ I donโ€™t see anything amiss there. How about a screenshot of the View Data screen from the tableโ€™s entry in the Data > Tables tab?

Do you mean this?

Thanks.

I donโ€™t see anything wrong that would cause the behavior youโ€™re describing, so letโ€™s take a step back and confirm weโ€™re on the same page.

When the user is presented with a Bike form, the user should choose a Make from a drop-down menu. When the user goes to select a Model, the drop-down menu should present the list of models associated with the selected Make in existing rows of the table, and allow the user to add a Model value not already included in the drop-down.

Yes?

I"m likeโ€ฆ

This should be really easy, very straight forward. Thereโ€™s got to be some communication disconnect or something.

I think @MultiTech_Visions is on to something.

Yay! Fixed it!

Thank you both for your help.

Top Labels in this Space