Can a record created by a bot trigger other bots to create related records?

I have tables called boats, contracts, invoices and invoice_line_items.  I want to enable the user to select one or more boats, press a button and generate a new contract, new related invoices and new related invoice line item records. 

Since I don't know what the contract key value is at the outset, I thought I would create one bot that creates the contract record, then a second bot, triggered by the added contract to create the invoice records.  But that second bot isn't working for me.  I'm guessing that Added Record trigger only works when the user has manually created a new record and does not work when the new record was created by a bot.   Is that true?

After a bot creates a new contract record, how can AppSheet automatically create new invoice records that will reference the new contract record?  

One thing that comes to mind is that I save new key values in the boat record and use them as flags to create new contract and invoice records.  Perhaps then a single bot can create all the new records.  Is this the right track?

Solved Solved
0 3 104
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

3 REPLIES 3

Oh brother! I never had any reason to suspect there was an options button
hanging below the process panel! Why wouldn’t they put this in the
hamburger for the bot??! Crazy!!

Thanks for the help!

@RedVox wrote:

options button
hanging below the process panel

Indeed it's easy to miss.