Can an action identify the field from which it is being triggered?

Hi,

I was wondering if an action with property Prominence = Display Inline, can identify which field it is being triggered from?

Solved Solved
0 8 141
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I assume you mean which column the action is inline-attached to? No, you can't.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I assume you mean which column the action is inline-attached to? No, you can't.

Thank you...

As Marc said, it's not possible. But, you can do the opposite and write a formula to identify before the action is triggered which columns were changed.

Thank you...
Can you illustrate this to me with an example?

For exmple with this app formula in the EnumList field..

LIST(
IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column#1]<>[Column#1],"Column#1"),
IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column#2]<>[Column#2],"Column#2")
)

Ok I understand what you meant, but my interest was to have only one action, set on multiple fields and the same action recognized for which field it should work...

Ah right Marc_Dillon if it can't be done it can't be done...

However, the suggestion given may be useful for other things, thanks ...

PS. I come from a programming with compilers and languages where everything is feasible, I'm trying to understand how far Appsheet goes...

Thanks anyway for your attention...

Would you please open a little what do you mean exactly by this.. "which field it should work". Are you able to give a real example?

Let's say we are in a Detail View... I would like to have an action that opens a customized window for each field where modified where to make changes... The logics are the same for all exposed fields... If I with the action If I could identify which field it was activated from, it would be enough for me to have only one action that addresses its personalized window for each field...

Top Labels in this Space