Can't Attach an Image URL to a SMS because URL contains "arithmetic"

I am trying to send a .jpeg through a SMS automation. I uploaded the image to Google Drive and copied the link. I then pasted the link to the Media URL field of the SMS task.  AppSheet will not let me save my changes to the Media URLs field because it tells me any slashes or equal signs are arithmetic, even though they are not.

The help article for sending SMS through an automation lists https://www.google.com/images//googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png as an example, which has slashes. 

I have tried altering the Drive URL by enclosing it in quotes, and by adding .JPEG to the end. Still get same error.

Thank you! 

0 1 133
1 REPLY 1

@jthurston wrote:

I have tried altering the Drive URL by enclosing it in quotes, and by adding .JPEG to the end. Still get same error.

I just pasted your example URl into a test  SMS,  Without quotes, I get the error.  However, with quotes I do NOT get an error.  This is regardless if I insert it as Text or as an expression.

I would double-check the syntax with quotes added to make sure you have them in the correct location of the URL.

NOTE:  I only saved the updates.  I did not actually run the SMS step.

Top Labels in this Space