Can't add action to a scheduled Bot

I have a bot where the user picks two dates then clicks on an action button to receive a PDF report via email.  These two dates trigger various Ref columns to recalculate and are used in the report.  The client now also wants this to run at 0200 every monday.  So I had a brainwave... 

Rather than create a whole new template file, all I had to do would be create a copy of the bot setup to run on a schedule.  Then have it write [From Date]=Today()-7 and [To Date]=Today()-1 into the cells where the user would manually change them.  Then I could use the same template file.  Except... you can't do this.

As the bot is scheduled, it's process can't be associated with a table.  So the process cannot select a data action.  Neither can you create a data action from within the process.  The error I get is "Run Action steps are not allowed for processes without an input entity"

Anyone know how to get around this with me have to either:

1. Create a bot at 0155 simply to call this action
  2. Copy and rewrite the entire template file to Today()-7 and Today()-1
Solved Solved
0 5 259
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Also please check the below highlighted setting (ForEachRowinTable) is on

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1651839957251.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Can you modify the template such that if the user chosen dates are empty then use a default assigned based on your formulas above?

Yes I can do that and thats how I normally do it.  I thought I was being clever doing it this way...

Also please check the below highlighted setting (ForEachRowinTable) is on

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1651839957251.png

Thats it 😁  I knew it would be something simple

Or try with a "call a process" step.

Top Labels in this Space