Can't get action to display in simple detail view

I have a simple detail view for the user to make a selection that filters data elsewhere. The view's data is a single-row slice and it shows just a single column, which is is Quick Edit mode. It has long worked just as expected. Now, I'm trying to add an action to the view, and I can't get it to show in the view. I tried all the Prominence settings for the action, as well as the different Display Modes for the view. I also tried adding a Header Column to the view. Nothing gets the action to appear--even when the action's "only if condition" is "true".

Although I don't want the action to appear in other views, in troubleshooting I confirmed that I can indeed add it to other views and it works fine.

Is anyone familiar with this scenario and how to get it to work? Is it expected behavior, but I just haven't found the documentation? Does it sound like a bug?

Solved Solved
0 3 86
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This may sound stupid but are you sure you selected your new action on the slice's config?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This may sound stupid but are you sure you selected your new action on the slice's config?

Thank you! for taking the time to remind me about that property within slices. I had forgotten. Works just as expected now.

Common oversight.

Top Labels in this Space