Can't get referenced column to appear in form

This is SUPER frustrating.

1. I have 2 tables - A & B.
  2. A has the Original Key Called ID (text) and Column called [Patient journey].
  3. Table B has the Same [ID] Key Column (but its ref), and a column called [TP Status].

All I want to do

1. When [TP Status] value is “Submitted” in Table B, I wan’t the [Patient Journey] to Change to [TP Submitted] in Table A.

What I tried

1. Creating Virtual Column in Table A for [TP Status] with Ref [ID].[TP Status]. But for some reason it will not compute the value. It won’t even appear in my Form.

This is frustrating because Table B has at lease 4 Ref Columns from Table A which serve the same function and work just fine. But when I try to go in revers, to Ref TABLE B columns in Table A, all of a sudden I can’t. Is it because Table B [ID] is a calculated value?

Please help

0 2 178
2 REPLIES 2

Key column in a table can’t be a REF type column!

Hey Thanks for your Reply. Got it. doesn’t work since a REF key would be a formula and not an actual value. What If I did a computed key for Table B so [ID + Treatment Type]. So in Table A could I reference that Computed key to find and input the value of [TP Status] (Table B), to [TP Status] (Table A).

I’m just not sure I’m wrapping my head around how to do this Properly.

Top Labels in this Space