Can't seem to get action to run on form save

Hi,

I can't seem to get an action to run on form save.

I initially modified an app template which already had an action that ran on form save to build this. Now I tried replicating this into the actual App I'm building and it doesn't seem to run on form save. I can still trigger the action manually by clicking on the action button and the action itself works as expected.

1. Is there anything specific I have to do to make an action run on form save other than what is seen in the screenshot at the bottom of the page?

2. The only difference between the test version and the actual app is that the Add first item action (in grouped actions) adds a row to the same table in the test app and to a different table in the real app. Does this make a difference?

Min01_0-1702415280454.png

Solved Solved
0 2 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved it! I created a table view and was using the auto generated "+" icon to add a row. Note that the table view won't allow you to set an action to run on save. When you click on the "+" this takes you to an auto generated form view. In the form view, you can set the action to run when a row is saved in the Behaviour section. These auto generated views appear at the bottom of the views page.

Min01_0-1702454521110.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Solved it! I created a table view and was using the auto generated "+" icon to add a row. Note that the table view won't allow you to set an action to run on save. When you click on the "+" this takes you to an auto generated form view. In the form view, you can set the action to run when a row is saved in the Behaviour section. These auto generated views appear at the bottom of the views page.

Min01_0-1702454521110.png

FYI A workaround that fix the issue for me was to change from a slice to a pure table. 

Top Labels in this Space