Can tabs be added to a detail view?

I am building a golf score/bet tracking app and trying to split the view of player scores, front 9 holes, and back 9 holes into separate tabs.  I'm simplifying things, but the parent table is "Rounds" and it has 2 children:  "Players" and "Holes".  The screenshots below illustrate how the app behaves today--you navigate to Rounds and open a record detail view with lists of Players and Holes that reference that Round.   

wolf hammer-screenshot 1.png

From this detail view, clicking on a row in the Holes list opens that Hole record where you can add player scores.  Similarly clicking on a row in the Players list opens the Player record where you can see a list of scores by hole for that player.  The only reason I am mentioning any of this is because clicking through to the child record from both lists is a necessary behavior.

wolf hammer-4.png

The next screenshots show a dashboard view that more or less looks and behaves as desired.  It contains a view named "Leaderboard" pointing at the Players table and 2 slices of the Holes table for the "Front 9" and "Back 9" views.  

2023-08-01_15-49-18.png

The navigation to the dashboard is from an Action I created on the Rounds table ("App: go to another view within this app").  From what I've researched in this community, it doesn't seem possible to limit a dashboard to a single, targeted parent record (and its children).  So as soon as I add players and holes to another Round, those rows will all be visible on this dashboard.  I've tried using LINKTOROW(), LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(), etc, nothing seems to work.

If I add another tab for Rounds and set the dashboard to interactive mode, then selecting the Round from the dashboard tab does filter the other tabs.  However this is not how users create and navigate to the Round, and turning on interactive mode disables the aforementioned capability of the app which is to click through to the child records to view and update scores.

Sorry for my first post being so long, but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible in case there is something obvious I have not tried.  Thanks in advance!

0 2 102
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

I'm afraid you are not able to use tabs with the detail view as it's based on one record's data only. 

In future, would you please add these kind of how to questions to AppSheet Q&A section so people could find it easier, thanks.

Top Labels in this Space