Can you change Calendars inside app with user setting?

I'm brand new to user settings and team management.  Is it possible to have a calendar view within the app automatically change based on who is signed in to the app? How? User settings, security filter, etc.

I have my primary calendar linked in the app for testing (read only). What I want is for the app to show the calendar of whoever is logged in as the data source, NOT my personal calendar.  

The app will be shared between a couple team members within a single Google workspace org, with me as the Google super admin. I want them to be able to see their own events within the app.

I tried to search answers but didn't find anything I knew how to use. Functionality is basically complete, I just need to figure out personalization.

Solved Solved
0 4 190
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes so its possible.  Each calendar booking will need to be allocated to one or more users.  You'll then need to create a slice using the UserEmail() function to work out which items get shown.  Then in the Calendar view choose this slice as the data source.

Simon@1minManager.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes so its possible.  Each calendar booking will need to be allocated to one or more users.  You'll then need to create a slice using the UserEmail() function to work out which items get shown.  Then in the Calendar view choose this slice as the data source.

Simon@1minManager.com

Ok so to be clear, you're saying I need to first create a single shared google calendar across the team and then use slices to change the view based on the user?

There is no way to change the data source to be a user's individual primary calendar? Since all individual calendars are within a single Google Workspace I assumed I could set their primary calendar as the data source.

Correct. The app cannot dynamically connect to a user's individual calendar. The app must be configured (through the app editor) for each and every calendar it will use.

Thanks to both of you for your quick answers. I'll set up a shared calendar for the unified data source.

Top Labels in this Space