Cannot compare Name with List in ([Machine Name] = Filter[Machine Name])

@Steve 

Please Help

I have a table where I register daily report of production with respect to machines. I have created a slice so that i can generate report month wise where I can get Average value of few columns Month wise.

I have a separate view where I can select the month and Machine but in filter slice I have a problem with expression

([Machine Number]=Filter[Machine Name]),
([Month]=Filter[Month Name]))

Karthik1_2-1645715151091.png

Karthik1_0-1645714745490.png

Karthik1_1-1645714883237.png

0 4 190
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
AND(
  OR(
    ISBLANK(Filter[Machine Name]),
    IN([Machine Number], Filter[Machine Name])
  ),
  OR(
    ISBLANK(Filter[Month Name]),
    IN([Month], Filter[Month Name])
  )
)

Thanks for responding Steve!

This has partially solved my issue but as my Primary table consists of daily entry where in one day i have multiple entries, I have a column named OEE (%), Quality Yield (%)  which is automatically calculated for each entry.

Now in the slice what I want to see is the Average value of these columns where Month column and Machine column is filtered

The easy way to see the Averages is to create a Table view on your Slice with the filtered rows.  You can group by the column and select the Average aggregate for the column you wish to see the Average for.  Unfortunately you can see only one average at a time BUT you can create 2 views - Average OEE and Average Yield - and maybe place them in a Dashboard.

If you don't like that approach and want to see the Averages in a view together, then you will need to compute the average and store them somewhere - a new table perhaps.  Then you can create your views as you see fit with the Averages and any other data.

This is high-level.  If you still have questions, please ask.

Hey! @Steve , If you need more data please ask I shall share more pics for you to understand my issue.

Top Labels in this Space