Cannot get a confirmation pop-up action to work.

Hello!

I have the following one table and that is all.

DateIncomeExpense

There is a 'Transaction entry' view of form type, and a 'Transactions view' of table type.

I am trying to get a confirmation message asking if I want to "proceed to save?" after entering data and clicking 'Save' on 'Transaction entry' form.

I have read many queries and looked under the hood of some apps but can't get mine to work. I have tried LINKTOVIEW("Transactions view") and also tried to edit the system genearated 'Add' action. But somehow I am not succeeding.

Where am I doing wrong? How can I do it right? Please guide me.

Thank you in advance.

Solved Solved
0 4 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

Well you didn't mention "Form Save", so my guess is your issue is that you're not using that.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=confirmation%20popup&collaps...

Thanks Marc. I am not sure but, by "Form Save" are you pointing to the "Save" option present in the form? If so, then yes I am using it and I am trying to get the pop up message after that 'Save' button is clicked.

And also the search results you pointed towards, I have gone through designs of some of them. But, have not been able to replicate what those apps do.

If it helps to clarify my confusing way of asking, there is a system action called "Delete" where the user is presented with two choices. On pressing "yes" the row is deleted and on pressing "no" the row stays intact. I want to create similar action for adding a row: a confirmation window to appear after pressing "Save", which asks if the user is sure to save the input data (Yes) or wants to review (No).

Thanks for your patience Marc.

Marc_Dillon_0-1648818385593.png.

Finally got it to work!

That image taught me lot more than I had learnt by reading the help articles. That highlighted portion was all that I needed but never knew.

Finally ๐Ÿ˜:

Screenshot 2022-04-02 1.19.50 PM.png

Thanks a lot Marc for the guidance and being patient.

Top Labels in this Space