Cant regenerate - Postgres (solved)

I have a table in Postgres and all works well. However, I had to add one additional column. When I regenerate the columns, the new one does not appear. How can I get my new column in my Postgres table to โ€œregenerateโ€ into my appsheet platform?

Solved Solved
0 3 482
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JCadence Thanks for the reply. Dinh from Appsheet support did a great job helping me sort this out. The issue was as follows (my own mistake).

1. I manually generated my PostGres table using SQL
  2. This generated nicely in appsheet
  3. I quickly went back to add a column, however this time I used the GUI directly from PgAdmin
  4. I chose the text datatype from the dropdown for my new column, however, in haste I didnt realise I choose text datatype instead
  5. text vs text : text is of course an array

When regenerating in Appsheet it will not show the array datatype.

I changed the datatype. Now regeneration is fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Jethro! Did you receive any warning messages in your AppSheet editor after you regenerated your tables data?

@JCadence Thanks for the reply. Dinh from Appsheet support did a great job helping me sort this out. The issue was as follows (my own mistake).

1. I manually generated my PostGres table using SQL
  2. This generated nicely in appsheet
  3. I quickly went back to add a column, however this time I used the GUI directly from PgAdmin
  4. I chose the text datatype from the dropdown for my new column, however, in haste I didnt realise I choose text datatype instead
  5. text vs text : text is of course an array

When regenerating in Appsheet it will not show the array datatype.

I changed the datatype. Now regeneration is fine.

@Jethro Ah! That makes sense. Glad to hear you were able to resolve this.

Top Labels in this Space