Capture Timestamp and useremail() on record change?

I need to confirm if I am attacking a problem from the right angle.

I have a current automation that checks the [Status] column in a patient record so see if it has been changed from ALIVE to DECEASED, it triggers a chatbot to post information to an internet Google Chat for that purpose.

I'd like to capture who toggled the life status and also the timestamp when the record was changed, along with the user entering the actual date of death.

My immediate thought is to create a new table and creating a button the user pushes to log the date of death, and also automatically capture the timestamp and useremail()   but that leaves me with a question.

With the current method, knowing that i have no field for date of death currently, is it possible to capture the timestamp NOW() and useremail() under the hood in JSON to be pushed in chat?

0 2 118
2 REPLIES 2

You could create a pop-up INPUT() to change the status and make it ask the data you need.

I guess that the User field could be left as showif=false and two options:

• Try if INPUT() can get the USEREMAIL() on the field, it's not the most realiable feature yet (it's beta)
  • Put an AppFormula on the User field, it will update with the current useremail everytime there is an update to that row

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

An Automation cannot get any information from the user, period.

A scheduled Automation that uses USEREMAIL() will always be given the email of the app owner. A triggered Automation will be given the email of the user that made the triggering change.

A triggered Automation that uses NOW() will be given the date/time that the Automation was triggered on the server, not the date/time the change was made that triggered the Automation. There could be a significant delay between the change and the trigger.

The JSON used for a web hook can reference both USEREMAIL() and NOW(), with the caveats mentioned above.

Top Labels in this Space