Capture a signature in full screen

Is there any way to make signature capture panel bigger?

Some of our team have small screen phones and customers are complaining that the area for the signature is too small. And one of our guys has an old iPhone that doesn't seem to handle signatures properly - the panel moves with the pen/finger instead of staying still making it impossible to get a signature. If there was a way to make the signature panel full screen, it may solve that problem too.

Solved Solved
1 7 426
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @GriffAdmin 

You may want to try this solution, for the opposite idea ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Drawing-Control-size-by-initial-value/m-p/244068

It implies to forget the key-word "signature" and think with "drawing" instead ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Hi @GriffAdmin 

I think signature is a type of image, very simply, as are thumbnail, image, photo. 

Switching type to drawing should be enough, I suggest you give it a try and let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @GriffAdmin 

You may want to try this solution, for the opposite idea ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Drawing-Control-size-by-initial-value/m-p/244068

It implies to forget the key-word "signature" and think with "drawing" instead ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you Aurelien!

That's a fascinating alternative.

Do you know if I can simply change the definition of my existing signature field to a Drawing, or do I need to add a whole new field to the table? i.e. are they compatible? 

Hi @GriffAdmin 

I think signature is a type of image, very simply, as are thumbnail, image, photo. 

Switching type to drawing should be enough, I suggest you give it a try and let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. I will try but it will have to be on the weekend. This is a live app used by multiple users and I have had incidents where I change the app while one of them is working with/on it and it really messes up, especially on an Apple device

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

I get it. You may want to copy the app and give it a try on this one, so that you'll know how to do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your answers on this one. Great solution!

Top Labels in this Space