Card Layout Confusion

Card layouts could be really useful except...

scott192_0-1679565744045.png

It is my experience that if I put a long piece of text into the 'This is a long piece of text...' section on the card, that the text keeps linefeeds intact, but the text gets truncated and you have to click through to the detail view to see it all.

However, if I place the long piece of text into the 'Header goes here' section on the card, it ignores linefeeds, but displays the whole of the text and you do not need to click through for more display.

Clearly the behaviour of these two sections on the card are the opposite of what is expected by their description?

Can it be 'fixed'?

1 3 256
3 REPLIES 3

@scott192 

It sounds like you're experiencing unexpected behavior with the "Header goes here" and "This is a long piece of text..." sections on your card view in AppSheet. Here are some possible solutions:

1. Try adjusting the font size or card layout to see if that helps with the truncation issue. You may be able to fit more text on the card by reducing the font size or re-arranging the layout.

2. Consider using a different view type, such as a table view or detail view, to display the full text of the card. These view types may be better suited for displaying large amounts of text.

3. You can also try creating a custom card view using a template. This will give you more control over the layout and formatting of the card, and may allow you to display the full text without truncation.

4. If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reach out to the AppSheet support team for further assistance. They can help you diagnose the issue and provide more targeted solutions based on the specifics of your app and data.

Keep in mind that the behavior of the "Header goes here" and "This is a long piece of text..." sections may be different from what you expect based on their names. It's possible that the behavior is intentional and designed to provide different display options for different types of data.

@rmsmeltz Could you expand on #3?  I wasn't aware you could create custom card views and now Im intrigued.

This sounds very much like an AI generated answer.. ๐Ÿ˜

Top Labels in this Space