Catalogue and Order System

Hi All,

I am involved in various fields related to people and small business development, During Covid I partnered up in a small retail and distribution business. We have found that the admin behind retail and distribution is quite a lot. I have noticed that there are a lot of systems developed for this industry, but they are expensive and do not quite suit our business model.

I recently joined the AppSheet community as I feel that a lot of the administrative work can be automated in a customized way to fit our model.

What we currently require is an app through which our Sales Representatives can record orders placed by our customers. The app needs to have a dual function, be a platform from which a PDF catalogue can be printed/exported and a platform on which Sales Reps can place orders.

I do not come from a coding background and all of this is really new to me, but I have been able to get it to the point were a catalogue with pictures and product information is displayed and an order sheet where orders can be placed. 

The problem is that the catalogue cannot be printed/exported and in the order function only one product can be placed at a time. 

Catalogue - Sales Reps need to be able to print/export a PDF catalogue.

Order System -

1) It automatically determines the date through a function

2) the Sales Rep needs to complete her/his name, the customer name and an order reference

3) the product ordered is selected from a list (this is where the problem comes in, they need to be able to select more than one product if the client orders more than one product).

4) the Rep completes the quaintly of the product ordered

5) the price gets automatically calculated through a formula

We have various Sales Reps and they should not be able to see each other's orders and clients, this creates confusion we have found. In my mind there should be two separate functions in the ordering system - order date, customer info and ref number gets completed once, then there needs to be a second phase where all orders get placed for that customer, this involves selecting the products ordered and the quantities specified, then the order gets submitted. This gets captured in a sheet as a order with an order number.

Any advice on how to proceed will be much appreciated!

0 1 423
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the community!

This pours down to having a correct modelling for your data in separate tables and establishing relevant references among them.

You should have:

• Sales Reps table
  • Products table
  • Customers table
  • Ordres table
  • Order Details table

If you don't have at least these tables in your app, please read the following guides carefully and tell us if you face difficulties. Thanks.

Data: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center 

References Between Tables | AppSheet Help Center 

Top Labels in this Space