Chain action with data update not working if next action is linked to a form

Hi,

I have a chain action:

1. Update “Evaluated by: = USEREMAIL()” and “Last Evaluated: = NOW()”
  2. Go to an update form to update the values.

Now, before this is working just fine, the user and datetime are logged before going to the form. But now, users and datetime are not synced when going to the form. So upon saving the form and going back to the original details page, nothing was logged. Even with manual sync, only the changes in the update form are saved. No user and datetime logged. This was working months ago.

0 6 350
6 REPLIES 6

If nothing changed with your app and it just stopped working, I would contact support@appsheet.com.

When did this stop working? Are you in an area that observes daylight savings time? Maybe using UTCNOW() would resolve it.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Do you mean a grouped action? If not, please explain what yo mean by “chained action”.

In an action of type Data: set the value of some columns in this row, if the new values produce no change in the existing row, the action is considered failed, and will stop further processing of a grouped action. So if the row you’re trying to set the values already has all those exact values, the action will fail. To avoid this, make sure the Only if this condition is true expression confirms the values aren’t already set to the intended values.

What do you mean by “synced”? Is you navigation action forcing a sync? If so, how?

I have no idea what you mean by this. A sync causes no changes to occur.

Hi steve,

Yes its a grouped action.

1st action is to change the value of “Evaluated by:” from a blank to the useremail.
2nd action is to view a certain form where they will log their evaluation (This one saves just fine).

My problem is, the 1st action appears shortly before going to the form (to know that it really changed value). But upon filling up the form and going back to the original view, the values in the 1st action is gone (reverted to blank). It didn’t save. Even with manual sync on, the only changes that appear in the sync button is the one in the form and not from the first action.

For testing, remove the second action from the grouped action, so that the grouped action only performs the first action that changes the value of Evaluated by:. Does that setup produce any data change?

It does show the change, and also a tentative sync number. But when I sync it, the changes revert to the original one.

This behavior typically happens when the server rejects the change. Please post a screenshot of the configuration of the action that makes the change, and a screenshot of that table’s column list (from Data >> Columns in the app editor) that includes all of the columns changed by the action.

Top Labels in this Space