Change Date Format from D/M/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY

Hi,

In my App, I am having Table view in which the date column displays date as 7-1-2022. But i would like to display it as 07-01-2022 (with zero in beginning for single digit) Is there any way to do this directly in this column itself without going for Virtual Column or Text() Function. One thing I found is that in Browser its displaying as 07-01-2022 but in Mobile it is 7-1-2022. Also is there any option to change the separator between day,month,year.

0 10 517
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

What is the problem please for which you donโ€™t want to use TEXT()? I think this would be a perfect solution to use for the columnโ€™s Display Name field.

Thanks for the reply @KJS. But where exactly should i use Text() expression. I am not clear. Can you pls explain. I want the column to remain as Date type so that Calendar pops up when user tries to input data.

Sorry for this, Iโ€™ve got confused, please disregard my last reply.

I thought this is to show the Column Name different from that in the sheet. Correct me if i am wrong.

No, you are not wrong. My mistake, sorry for the confusion.

Donโ€™t be. Thanks for the reply though

AppSheet is aware of your locale.
Also, as you have found, it depends on the device, not necessarily AppSheet

Thank you @SkrOYC . Is there any option to change the separator symbol between DD,MM,YY

Afaik, the same thing applies.
You could have a new Text column having a formula to put the date on whatever format you want and display it consistently on different devices no matter their locale.
Now, that new column is Text, you should have that in mind when making other expressions.
One way, maybe the easiest:

Hi all,

Finally found the issue. I changed the Language in Android Settings to English(UK) from English(India). Now the date format is displayed as DD/MM/YYYY. Now everything looks clean

Top Labels in this Space