Change Timestamp Bug

When trying to configure the Columns to watch for changes option in the change timestamp Type Details section, the system only presents currently visible columns for selection.

Is this by design or a bug?  I want to check the status of a field that is changed behind the scenes and has its visible property set to false.

scott192_0-1699955460384.png

0 3 103
3 REPLIES 3

To do that you might have to create a bot that runs on save and looks for changes in those columns.  Checkout the "Send email when a row is updated to have a specific column value" section in 

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11447614?hl=en&sjid=4109765755883409676-EU

Ahh sorry, I gave the impression I needed help, but I only wanted to report a possible bug.

It's much quicker to do than setting up a bot as you only need to mark the required field as Visible, add the now visible field to the change timestamp watch section, save and then make the field invisible again.

Probably assumes if they are not visible they cannot be changed ๐Ÿ˜  Appsheet can't detect changes made directly to the spreadsheet

Top Labels in this Space