Change button name "New" displayed in a Detail view with multiple Inline Views

I need to change the Button โ€œNewโ€ to โ€œChangeโ€ in an inline view which is in a detail view. I was trying with CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€). But my problem is I have got multiple inline views within that details view. I want to change only one โ€œNewโ€ button text. I donโ€™t want other โ€œNewโ€ buttons to be changed.

0 5 1,068
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Kanishka, Welcome to Communityโ€ฆ

To change the inline view (detail view), you might want to check posting from @Fabian, here: How to remove add new button from within a form?

Which should be something like below for your case:

IF(CONTEXT("View") = "YourSelected_Detail" , "Change" , "New")

Thank you @Heru and @MultiTech_Visions for the replies. I was trying this

IF(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) = โ€œMy Tickets_Detailโ€ , โ€œChangeโ€ , โ€œNewโ€) expression for โ€œNewโ€ word in Localize section.

But my problem is I have multiple inline views in the โ€œMy Tickets_Detailโ€ view. So all the โ€œNewโ€ words in inline views will be changed to โ€œChangeโ€.
I want to change โ€œNewโ€ only in one inline view. Thatโ€™s the issue that I am facing.

The localize page wonโ€™t have access to row-specific data.

If you were really hell-bent on making this happen, the Localize panel can only differentiate between the views, you could key off that - so you could create a system to use a specific view for that one record and the regular one for the rest.

To accomplish this:

1. make a copy of the view and give it a different name

2. make a navigation action with a formula something like this:
    if([RecordID] = โ€œThe_specific_records_IDโ€, โ€œName of new view copyโ€, โ€œName of original viewโ€)
    You need some way of selecting out the specific record

3. In the โ€œEvent Actionโ€ for the inline view that leads to your detail view, insert the navigation action.
    (This way when people tap on a record to view it in the detail view, the app first takes note of what record youโ€™re trying to view - if itโ€™s the specific one youโ€™re directed to the special view, otherwise the default behavior is to take you to the original view.)

This is a bit of a hack, but it would work.

It sound like complicated and need something like @MultiTech_Visions suggested.

Thanks @MultiTech_Visions and @Heru. I will check with the suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space