Change linktofilterview name

Hi all, I have to 2 table table Q&A contained columns questions, answers and topics (of question) , Q&A Topic contain Topics (of Q&A table) and Topics image . So I create a card view of Q&A Topic , each topic is in one card, and from table Q&A Topics I created linktofilter view to Table Q&A by Topic. Table Q&A have an table view with question and answer.

3X_b_e_be15ac759f283d3c0b6df5c0f95c34559b00235e.png

For Ex: When I click at topic A (card view) of table Q&A Topic, It will link to table view of Q&A that have topic A. It working welll but in table view of Q&A that have topic A, the view name is Q&A. Could I change that name to topic A instead of Q&A ?
Ex: I want to change that view name to "sale (the topic) not Q&A

3X_3_3_33ce0b25480f7f500c876a11b932e20fb02d9016.png

Hope It clear, thanks!

0 4 89
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

You can’t dynamically change a view’s name like that.

You can have an expression as it’s “Display name”, problem is you can’t use row values AFAIK

Yes, correct. This cannot be done in a straightforward way.

If it is a must, you could evaluate the following longish approach. You could add a user table of one row per user ( to store each user’s topic selection) or make use of usersettings for the user’s topic selection. You could have a slice based on that user selection. A view based on that slice could have the display name as USERSETTINGS(Topic) or ANY(SELECT(UserTable[Topic], [Email]=USEREMAIL()))

This principle is demonstrated in the sample app below, where the name of the “Chart” view changes based on the user selection.

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar for your insight. I was thinking about slice. But It just need to have more works… Maybe, I will just stick with the current situation.

Top Labels in this Space