Change view after action (Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row)

JMJ
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

App is connected to two google sheets documents:
- Schedule of events (table-1)
- Event details & notes (table-2)

When viewing table-1, There is an action to "Enroll", which copies details from the event to a newly created record where additional details can be added (table-2).   This part works as expected.  What I'm missing is a way to jump to the new record.  Tried inserting "linktoview(table-2)" in various spots hoping to stumble across the right place to do this...  Seems easy, but I'm kinda stuck.

Full disclosure, very new to this platform, but have been blown away by how easy many things are.

0 7 147
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the community!

You can build a composite action (Grouped: Execute a sequence of actions) where you first select your Data: action then another action to navigate to the desired view. Also, for the navigation action you might want to use LINKTOROW() instead. 

JMJ
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Agree that sounds like what's needed...   How is it configured?   Looked over examples, but they didn't seem do what I was looking for.  

Would you please show your tables and what you've done so far so that I can give you more specific answer? Thanks. 

JMJ
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Not certain how to get what you asked for...  Does this give you what you need?  I'm very new to this platform... If I've done something dumb, no harm in calling it out. Just let me know what I need to do to make it better.   Thanks again for looking.

Just posts some screenshots from your app editor please.

JMJ
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hopefully it saved the full-res version of these... if not, I can upload them somewhere.

JMJ_0-1650321020204.pngJMJ_1-1650321050714.png

JMJ_2-1650321083370.png

View MatchSchedule (select day)

JMJ_3-1650324860110.png

Selected event, click enroll

JMJ_4-1650324895482.png

When enroll is clicked, a row is copied from the calendar table to the MatchScores table.   What I would like to happen is when enroll is clicked, the app goes to the view where I can edit additional details for that specific event, as shown in this screenshot:

JMJ_5-1650325078586.png

As @Joseph_Seddik suggested originally you should create a composite or grouped action. This is described at the bottom of this help article: Actions: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center 

Top Labels in this Space